Monday, September 19, 2016

Reflection on Place/Culture

      Humboldt County is the name of my home in which I have grown up in and it has many good things about it that I love to enjoy. One thing that really makes me proud of my hometown is that it has lots of places to adventure. I love adventuring in the forests around Humboldt County, I try to visit the different forests often, but because of my lack of knowing how to drive, that becomes quite a challenge. Another place that I love to adventure at is Strawberry Rock. It is a very good exercise to hike to the rock, and a very good exercise to climb to the top as well, not to mention the breathtaking view. Humboldt County has a lot of adventures to offer, as far as forests and hiking trails. Fortuna, which is the town within Humboldt County that I live in, is a very small town. Even though I love the small town that I live in, it can get rather boring sometimes.
      One thing that I would love to change about Fortuna is the amount of activities it has to offer. Most of the time it is hard to find anything at all to do around Fortuna besides hanging out with friends at the park or watching the latest movie that just came out in theaters. In my opinion, I think that is why most kids stay inside all weekend, is because they're tired of spending every weekend doing the same things, that they'd rather stay home and waste time on social media. I know I would spend less time at home during the weekends if there were more activities in Fortuna. Now, looking at Humboldt County as a whole, there is not much I would like to change about it. It is by far one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in person. Nothing could ever compare to the beauties of my home.    

No comments:

Post a Comment